Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Glory Field


Title: The Glory Field
Author: Walter Dean Myers
Multicultural/ International #3

This book is a great book to read. This story is about one family. A family whose history saw its first ancestor captured, shackled, and brought to this country from Africa. A family who can still see remnants of the shackles that held some of its members captive. This story shows the pride of a family and determination, struggle and love.

This book really hit home for me, this is because I really can't believe that this happened to people in the past and I feel horrible that it was my ancestors who did this. This family had to struggle for their lives and I feel that they deserve a better life.

I would suggest that third graders or above read this book because I feel that they can get the most out of what is happening. I would suggest this book to other people and teachers to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment