Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian


Title:
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

Author:Sherman Alexie

Art by: Ellen Forney

Required Reading


The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is a story filled with endless possibilities. The style of writing makes this book feel as if it were happening at that moment as if you were in the story. The illustrations in this story helped understand the events in the book and help get to know the main character. There were a few events in the book that really opened my eyes. I could have never imagined going through what this brave boy had been though, especially as a teenager.

This book did a great job of introducing all the characters. I think this book did a good job of explaining the controversies that had risen throughout the book. This book was told through the narrators own experiences, the author did a great job of telling his story. He included not only great memories about his past, but had wonderful illustrations that helped explain how he was feeling. Junior is a character that everyone can relate to in some point in their life. I really started to like him as I was reading, I really got to know him through his character. Junior had to over come some tough situations in his life.

Overall, I feel this book did a great job of letting the readers know what life was like on the Indian Reservation. I really do recommend everyone to read this book. I think everyone could get something out of this book. This book has inspired me to work to achieve all my dreams. This book show how Indians live and the struggles that the children and adults have to face. Again, I do recommend that everyone should read this book.





No comments:

Post a Comment